Please select the membership type appropriate to you.
- Professional Member: Any individual who holds a master's degree or higher in counseling or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, and who actively engages in (or is interested in) counseling. A professional member shall be eligible to vote.
- Regular Member: Any individual whose interest and activities are consistent with those of the Association but who do not meet the criteria for professional membership. A regular member shall be eligible to vote.
- New Professional Member: The VCA member category of New Professional is reserved for members in the first and second years in a new role as a counselor or related staff. New Professionals pay a reduced fee, which is the same as students. New Professionals are eligible to vote.
- Retired Member: Individual Professional or Regular members who have reached the age of 55 and have retired from the counseling profession. Persons who are granted retired status will have a membership fee one/half (Â½) the amount of the dues paid by professional/ regular members and shall be eligible to vote.
- Student Member: Any individual who is a full- or part-time student in a program related to counseling. Student membership is subject to verification of student status to receive the discounted membership rate. Student members shall be eligible to vote.
NOTICE OF NONDEDUCTIBILITY: Contributions, gifts or payments to VCA are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. However, may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. VCA estimates that 10% of annual dues are allocated for lobbying expenses, which are nondeductible contributions for Federal income tax purposes.
The Employer-only option is available for those (such as HR) who are not counselors, but wish to post jobs in the Career Centre. No other permissions are granted.