CLINICAL SUPERVISION TRAINING IN VIRGINIA
A training, Clinical Supervision in Virginia, will be held at the Virginia Tech Center in Richmond, VA on
- 20 Contact Hours - Thursday & Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm & Saturday, 9:30 am-3:30 pm (Includes 4 hours ethics), or
- 15 Contact Hours - Thursday & Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm (Includes 2 hours ethics), or
- 5 Contact Hours - Saturday, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm (Includes 2 hours ethics).
The three day training will provide LPCs the 20 contact hours required to supervise LPC residents and will highlight the legal, ethical, theoretical, and practical requirements associated with providing clinical supervision. Participants attending the workshop in its entirety will receive an NBCC Verification Form documenting 20 hours, fulfilling the Virginia LPC supervision requirements. This training offers the option to attend 1, 2 or 3 days and obtain 5, 15 or 20 contact hours.
Registration fee includes training and materials. Participants will have a one-hour lunch break on their own.
Fees to attend are as follows and space is limited:
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday: $400 VCA Members; $450 Non-Members - 20 Hours
- Thursday & Friday Only - $300 VCA Members; $335 Non-Members - 15 Hours
- Saturday Only - $110 VCA Members, $135 Non-Member - 5 Hours
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday + VCA Professional Membership: $470 - 20 Hours
Day 1 (7.5 hours)
· Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Supervision
· The Supervisory Relationship Initial Session and Administrative Issues
· Theories of Supervision
Day 2 (7.5 hours)
· Licensure Regulations
· Supervision Modalities
· Supervision Interventions
· Supervision Practice
Day 3 (5 hours)
· Skills and strategies for the supervision of interns, new residents, paraprofessionals, and non-degree staff
· Skills and strategies for providing supervision of complex cases
- Skills and strategies for working with resistant supervisees
DIRECTIONS & MAPS: visit http://www.richmond.vt.edu/newsite/directions.html
NEARBY LODGING: CLICK HERE for nearby lodging options.
Additional lodging options can be found at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60893-Richmond_Virginia-Hotels.html#MAPVIEW
Virginia Counselors Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 2047. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Virginia Counselors Association is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
To receive a full refund, minus a $10 administrative fee, registrants must cancel at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to the start of the workshop. Cancellations and/or no shows with less than a 72 hour (3 days) notice can either receive a credit for the registration fee to be applied toward a future VCA-sponsored workshop, annual VCA Convention, VCA membership, transfer the registration to another person OR request a refund minus a $50 fee.
VCA Programs Complaint Policy and Procedure
If you have a complaint or dispute regarding a VCA PD workshop, please write a letter and include the following: Your name, address, telephone number, email, name of event, date and location of the event, complaint and desired resolution to VCA via one of the following ways- (Email) email@example.com; (FAX) 757-766-5467 or (Mail) VCA, 316 Hodges Cove Rd., Yorktown, VA 23692. You will receive a reply from VCA no later than three weeks from the date you submitted the complaint/dispute.